Maternity services were started in Mengo over 100yrs ago by Sir Albert Cook. To date it is one of the most active departments in the Hospital. We do almost 6000 deliveries every year.
• Integrated Maternal and Child care services in outpatient
• Gyneacologist outpatient services
• Delivery services in Mpereza maternity
• Daily clinics (antenatal/gynecologist)
• Delivery services (Anne Walker East)
These are supported by modern Radiology and Laboratory services to offer ultimate medical care to our clients.
The department is well staffed with five Specialists Obstetricians/Gyneacologist two of whom are Senior Consultants with over 20years’ experience, three Medical Officers, with a total of almost 80 Registered/Enrolled Midwives. Among the senior staff are:
- Dr Ssenyonga Kyanda
- Senior Consultant Obstetrics/ Gynaecologist over 30years post qualification experience.
- Dr Josephine Mukwaya
Senior Consultant Obstetrician / Gynaecologist over 20 years post qualification experience
- Dr Billy Ndiwalana
Obstetrician / gynecologist over 2 years post qualification experience
- DrSarah Nakubulwa
Lecturer Makerere University College of Health Science 9 years post qualification experience
Cost of deliveries
List of delivery services are competitive in Mengo. Our costs are among the lowest in Kampala given the quality of services offered. Visit us and you will not regret.
o Introducing Laparoscopic Diagnostic and Surgical services
o Offering better cancer diagnostic services.