Whether you are a patient or a visitor there may be times when you would like to talk to someone, or you need help getting some assistance or information and therefore #MengoCares.
If it is information you are after, your first port of call is our Patient and Advice Liaison Service (PALS) team. This team may be contacted on:
- (+256) 771370236
- (+256) 771370264 -Direct to the Public Relations Department.
- (+256) 7 57143951-Direct to the Public Relations Department.
They handle a wide range of enquiries and if they cannot help you, they will put you in touch with someone who can.
If English is not your first language, we can arrange a translator or interpreter to assist you at your appointment and help you to feel more comfortable about talking to our doctors, nurses and other healthcare staff.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) offers support, information and assistance to patients, relatives, and visitors.
What PALS can help with:
- You can ask us for information about the hospital’s services.
- We can advise you where to go to get health information.
- We can help with problems that you have not been able to sort out with staff on a ward or in a clinic.
- If you want to make a complaint, we can tell you how to do so. We can also tell you about independent organisations that can help you with a complaint.
- We listen to your views on how we can improve our services, and we offer opportunities for people to get involved as we develop better services.
- We can help find interpreters, and other support for patients who need extra help using our services.