Job Title: Deputy Medical Director-Administration
Reports To: Medical Director
Job Summary: Deputizing the Medical Director in providing Strategic Supervision in areas of Business Development, Information Technology and performing any other administrative and technical duties and responsibilities:
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Directly supervise the functions and operations of the Business Development and Information Technology (IT) of the Hospital.
- Works in close collaboration and coordination to provide administrative and technical support in directing and execution of activities towards achieving the required standard of health services delivery to the Hospital clients.
- Oversight role on the development and management of the operational and development budget for the Administration department.
- Responsible for controlling and rationalizing resources and expenditure on Hospital administrative and technical support functions and services.
- Enforcing compliance with the established controls and procedures
- Overseeing the management, utilization, maintenance and development of the Hospital infrastructure and facilities in liaison with the Hospital Administrator.
- Overseeing the management of the overall documentation and information system of the Hospital.
- Spearhead the initiation and conducting of organizational development (OD) and change programs from time to time, with the view to aligning the Hospital structures, business processes and procedures to the current and future Hospital corporate objectives
- Assisting the Medical Director in promoting the Hospital’s corporate image including.
- Supervision of the business functions of the Hospital.
- Efficient and effective delivery of administrative and technical support services.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the relevant Authority.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Competencies:
- The applicant should hold a Master’s Degree in Business Administration/ Management from a recognized Institution and/or with equivalent education/work experience in Information Technology, Finance, and Business Development. Training in the area of Medicine is an added advantage.
- 7 years and above of relevant working experience (in the similar field) is a requirement.
- Solid Administrative knowledge and experience and experience is critical.
- Knowledge and experience in strategic planning
- Must understand the Mengo Hospital strategy and create work plans that create value
- Solid leadership skills
- Solid knowledge in IT systems and their audit process
- Excellent knowledge in Finance and business management and development functions
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Team building
- Innovativeness and flexibility
- People management skills – the ability to command leadership
- Strong problem solving and organization skills
- Experience in an appropriate healthcare environment is desirable
- Advocacy and lobbying skills.
- Computer skills and Knowledge is a must
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with relevant qualifications and experience should submit their application letters, detailed Curriculum vitae (CV), and copies of academic transcripts, certificates, and valid contacts (email and telephone) addresses of three (3) Professional referees, should be addressed to; The Medical Director, Mengo Hospital, P.O. Box 7161, KAMPALA
Application deadline is Friday 14th December 2018, at 5.00pm.
For more information and or clarification, please contact the Human Resource Manager through the Hospital Landline 031 2 307 100
- No hand delivered applications will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.