Job Title; Head Of Operations-Clinical Services
Reports To: Deputy Medical Director-Clinical (DMD-C)
To provide Strategic support in technical, administrative and supervision to the DMD-C’s office aimed at ensuring a high standard of health care delivery at the hospital
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of policies and norms related to standards of clinical practice and hygiene and the medico-legal aspects of health care.
- Planning for the management of direct patient care activities, protocols, and other Medical Professional issues.
- Works in close collaboration and coordination with the Deputy Medical Director- Clinical in the execution of activities towards achieving the required standard of health services delivery to the Hospital Clients.
- Ensuring the maintenance of professional ethics, efficiency discipline, and standards of quality of all Consultants, Medical Officers, Allied Medical Professional, Nurses, and all other professional activities.
- Assist in Supervising Doctors, Clinical Officers, Nurses, and other Medical Technical staff and all other professional activities and Departments.
- On behalf of the DMD-C coordinate and monitor quality assurance while monitoring quality indicators of various departments, Medical research, and infection control activities.
- Ensuring timely compliance with the requirements of the Health Management Information System (HMIS) and checking the quality and accuracy of the health-related information released by the Hospital.
- In liaison with Ward managers and Heads of Departments, assist to supervise the Medical department including running clinics, wards, outpatient department, Theatres, Resuscitation Unit, and Private OPD and Specialist Clinics.
- Coordinating clinical training of different clinical intern groups at the Hospital including Medical, Pharmacy, Nursing, and Allied Health Professionals interns and report accordingly.
- Ensure that clinical staff and clients Complaints are received, followed up and handled in a timely manner and reported accordingly.
- Ensure the effective and efficient utilization of the computerized Patient care systems directly relating to clinical services.
- Closely supervise the daily clinical operations- clinics/ward/theatres /monitoring daily statistical performance towards the attainment of clinical division goals and targets.
- Supervising the Hospital Pharmacy protocols, procurements, and operations with the view to ensuring the efficient, effective and economical procurement of medicines and equipment and the highest possible standards of service delivery.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Competencies:
- The applicant should hold a Degree: Bachelors of Science in Medicine and surgery from a recognized Institution.
- Must be registered with the Medical & Dental Practitioner’s Council and in possession of a valid Practicing License.
- Masters in a management related course is an added advantage
- 5 years and above of relevant working experience (in the similar field) is required.
- Good computer knowledge
- High integrity
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent Customer care skills
- Good analytical and judgmental skills
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Able to multitask/multi-skilled
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with relevant qualifications and experience should submit their application letters, detailed Curriculum vitae (CV), and copies of academic transcripts, certificates, and valid contacts (email and telephone) addresses of three (3) Professional referees, should be addressed to; The Medical Director, Mengo Hospital, P.O. Box 7161, KAMPALA
Application deadline is Friday 14th December 2018, at 5.00pm.
For more information and or clarification, please contact the Human Resource Manager through the Hospital Landline 031 2 307 100
- No hand delivered applications will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.