Where you can use your mobile?
You can use your mobile phone safely in many areas of the hospital.
But please check with the ward staff because mobile devices are not allowed in certain high-risk areas of Mengo Hospital where there is a high concentration of electronic equipment, such as:
- The Emergency Department (ED)
- Intensive care and high dependency units (HDUs)
- MRI and x-ray investigation rooms.
This is because the radio waves sent out by your phone can affect medical equipment and so the risk of harming patients.
Do not make or take calls in these high-risk areas, and please switch off your phone before you enter them: your phone sends regular messages to indicate that it is available for a call, even when it is on standby.
High-risk areas where you cannot use mobiles when you visit health care centres.
- Cardiac procedures rooms
- Cardiac Recovery Unit
- Coronary Care Unit
- Emergency Department
- Haematology outpatient treatment room
- Haemodialysis Unit
- High Dependency Unit
- Intensive Care Unit
- MRI investigation rooms
- Nuclear medicine investigation rooms
- Operating theatres
- Paediatric ICU (PICU)
- Physiotherapy Department
- Renal satellite unit
- Ultrasound investigation rooms
- X-ray investigation rooms