Located on Sir Albert Cook building, the department offers quick, high end general and specialist services available on appointment and insurance. The POPD operates 24 hours inclusive of public holidays. The clinic was opened by the retired Archbishop of the Church of Uganda the Most Rev Henry Luke Orombi on 12th October 2012. The center targets Insurance / corporate patients as well as the general public.
Several insurance services are available.
The Clinic consists of;
- A General reception,
- VIP Lounge,
- 3 Adult consultation rooms,
- 2 Pediatric consultation rooms,
- A triage area,
- 2 treatment rooms,
- 1 Observation room,
- Cash office,
- Pharmacy and Manager’s office.
The facility offers quick, customer friendly service in professional diagnosis, management and treatment of medical, surgical, gynecological and obstetric conditions for adults and children at a one stop center. Services provided include;
- Doctor’s consultation
- Laboratory services
- Resuscitative nursing care
- Nutritional advice
- X Rays, Ultrasound and CT scan
- A well-stocked Pharmacy
- Preschool/institutional medical checkups
It also offers a wellness clinic where clients are seen, their potential illnesses identified and managed before they manifest and cause bigger health hazards.
The specialist clinics available on appointment include;
- Pediatric clinic which is a child friendly environment for medical, surgical care with both local and internationally recommended immunization, nutritional advice.
- Physician’s clinic for all types of acute and chronic conditions including counseling on supportive diet and life style
- HIV/AIDS Counseling and treatment clinic for a private and stigma free holistic care, counseling, treatment and free HIV testing. ARVs are available at a reasonable fee.
- An Obstetrics and Gynecology clinic
- A neurosurgery Clinic
- A skin Clinic.