The Mengo Hospital pharmacy is spear headed by two pharmacists whose roles are
- Manage the daily operations of the Pharmacy to ensure smooth workflow and are according to Good Pharmacy Practices.
- Supervise and mentor Pharmacy staff in the Pharmacy processes and procedures.
- Provide Medicines related information/advice to clients and other healthcare workers.
- Liase with medicines regulatory bodies like NDA, PSU on behalf of Mengo Hospital.
- Ensure production of eye drops and oxygen according to GMP.
- Promote rational use of medicines in the hospital.
- Ensure availability of safe, quality, and efficacious medicines and medical consumables
- Monitoring of medicines inventory movement to ensure accountability of use.