Nurses Training School
This is the oldest Nursing and Midwifery School in Uganda. It was the first School for Nursing and Midwifery in Uganda and East Africa as a whole, and is known as the heart of medicine in Uganda. The School was founded by Mrs. Catherine Cook (then wife to Sir Albert Cook, the Founder of Medicine in Uganda.). She started by training 8 Enrolled Midwives in 1917, and in 1928 she started training Enrolled Nurses.
Courses offered at the School:
- Registered Nursing and Midwifery (Diploma) 18 months –Extension course
- Enrolled Comprehensive Nursing (Certificate) two and half years
- Enrolled Nursing and Midwifery (Certificate) two and half years
The School is affiliated to: Ministry of Education and Sports (BTVET), Uganda Nurses and Midwives Examination Board, Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council and the Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau.
Vision of the School
To be a Centre of Excellence in the Production of Comprehensively Trained Nursing Professionals
Mission of the School
“To produce a highly competent and responsible Nurse with a positive attitude, guided by Christian values to deliver holistic health care servicesRead more ...
School of Laboratory Technology
Mengo Hospital School of Medical Laboratory Technology was established in 1992 with three (3) students as pioneers. By then, the training was in collaboration with Nsambya School of Medical Laboratory Technology. Today, there are not less than 200 students at any one time. More than 500 students have so far graduated at this school as Laboratory Assistants and Technicians. Because of increasing demands of students wanting to study at this school, a lot of pressure has been created on the school in the areas of infrastructure. Given that the school has been in existence for almost 21 years now, the future plan is to establish training at degree levels which is the most critical cadre in demand at the National and internal levels, given that research has become a key issue in the health sector.Read more ...
- There is a grave danger Kampala is soon to become the only city in the world without a history, according to John De Coninck the Technical […]
- Mengo Hospital is organizing the 120th Anniversary to mark the founding of the Hospital, by Sir Albert Cook on 22nd February 1897. He saw his first […]
- Mengo Hospital visited Sanyu Babies home on 6th October 2016 to express their love and care to the abandoned children kept in the Home. This was […]