Mengo Hospital is a private not for profit health institution. (PNFP)
It is a missionary Hospital and the pioneer hospital in Uganda and East Africa and large, It was started by Dr. Sir Albert Ruskin Cook on 22nd February 1897 and celebrating 124 years of providing quality holistic and modern health care. Mengo Hospital is located along Sir Albert Cook Road in Mengo town on Namirembe hill.
Mengo has a bed capacity of over 250 beds.
The Hospital is governed by a constitution, first written in 1956, amended and reprinted in 1966 and has been brought up to date from time to time, the latest being adopted in 2015.It is firmly established that Mengo Hospital is owned by the Church of Uganda, has its Patron as the sitting Archbishop of the Province of the Church of Uganda and has all the sitting Bishops of the Church of Uganda as Trustees. Its governing body is the Board of Governors supported by the Hospital Management Team (HMT)